We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Is not it a bit early to offer a baby magazine? Not at all. His diary will give him pleasure, new friends, enrich his vocabulary, create moments of exchange with you, and also make him discover more abstract concepts such as rhythm, benchmarks, structures of reading.
A newspaper to make imaginary friends
- Your toddler's vocabulary does not seem very wide: barely six to eight words ... However, even if he does not know how to describe them by word, he has already put names on things, which allows his imagination of building stories. Because it is thanks to the "verb" that it can represent mentally an object ... or more abstractly still, a sensation.
- Thus, when you read to your baby the sentence: "Little Rabbit is hungry", he visualizes, of course, Little Rabbit on the page, but he also finds the unpleasant sensation of small hollow in the belly when his snack does not does not arrive fast enough at will ... Starting from the observation that this baby rabbit shares its inconvenience, he is ready to follow "from the inside" his adventures since they are so similar ...
- Now, five pages later, you tell him a new story with, this time, a little boy with round cheeks who finds the cake of his mom awfully good. Here, dear, cake and good smell: still a combination of words and impressions that is familiar to him ... As all this is exciting!
- By discovering that he is not the only one who is eager to devour a good dessert, your child lives a tremendous openness to the world and to others.
A newspaper to learn time
- The little ones do not have a huge attention span. If the story is too long, you feel your child pick up along the way ... That's why the structure of the newspaper is ideal: two short adventures, three games, a little documentary story, that's what revive and support his attention.
- The big "plus" of the newspaper is its periodicity. It marks the rhythm of a certain number of days, that your child is still unable to count, but it is one of the measuring instruments that will enable him to define, little by little, the very abstract notion of time. .
- After a few numbers will settle waiting, both frustrating and delicious. The idea of déjà-lu a long time ago, freshly-read and still-to-read are all benchmarks that structure his young brain.
- Other information that his book gives him: the seasons follow each other, are repeated and announce themselves by very particular rituals. The heroes of his diary also live at this rate. Like him, Little Rabbit, goes back to the nursery school in September, decorates a Christmas tree, brings out his swimsuit in June.
A newspaper to become big
- Perhaps more than going to get your newspaper with you at the kiosk, your child will appreciate being a subscriber. Because removing a mail that is particularly addressed to him, in the real mailbox of mom and dad, tearing alone the plastic film that protects his property, is really appropriate his newspaper.
- It is also, for him, a way to force your hand a bit: since it is the day he has received it, it is the day when you have to read it to him. The argument is unavoidable, recognize it. It has for once a real way to force your goodwill!
- The book has already taught him the mechanisms of reading: flick left to right, follow a line with his finger. But the newspaper, with its breaks between the story and the pages of games, the traits and styles of illustrators, offers him other codes of understanding. He can, even if Little Bunny does not appear on the first page, announce you, recognizing colors and graphics, that it is he who will be the protagonist of the story ... and he is not very proud !
Which magazine for your toddler 1-3 years old? Think of Popi or Picoti