We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The 2005-2007 perinatal plan set up an individual interview for the 4th month of pregnancy, offered to pregnant women to discuss their pregnancy with a health professional. But what is it exactly?
- Since January 1, 2006, there is a new prenatal consultation. Set up during the 2005-2007 Perinatal Plan, this appointment takes place during the 4th month of pregnancy.
- Midwives, whether liberal or hospitable, are not the only ones empowered to provide early antenatal care, and general practitioners can do the same.
- Called officially 4th month individual interviewit is systematically offered to the pregnant woman or to the couple. Unlike the other seven consultations, it is not mandatory, but advisable. It is more of an opportunity to openly discuss pregnancy with a health professional. The goal is to inform the future mother, or future parents, on several points and to accompany them in their choices and their decisions. Among the topics covered:
- le path of pregnancy monitoring
- parents' rights : leave for mother and father, labor rights and social rights
- birthplace and the different possibilities (childbirth in a maternity home, at home, in a swimming pool ...)
- the birth project
A moment of listening
- This consultation favors also the identification of family situations at risk: domestic violence, precarious situation, psychological weakness. This interview has no medical purpose, it is an exchange in which the mother or the couple has the word to a specialist who answers them, advises them and reassures them.
The 4th month interview in practice
- The 4th month interview lasts about 45 minutes.
- This appointment is covered by the health insurance funds at 100%.